Why do I do business?
In some countries, business is one of the only ways foreigners can get into a country. For us, it goes far beyond access…
- Business is providing us opportunities to bless a community and see real transformation take place.
- Business breeds authenticity. As we work, our staff see us on both the good days and the bad days.
- We live out our witness 24/7 and demonstrate how the Gospel penetrates all of life.
- Business builds relationships. We have opportunities all the time to encourage, share, and pray for our staff, clients, and suppliers.
- Business enables us to be intentional with what God brings our way.
- Business brings growth to the community.
The parable of the talents is about stewarding God’s resources towards growth. As we do this, we are realizing the impact goes beyond financial, but also spiritual, social, and environmental.
PATRICK LAI and his family have worked in SE Asia for over 37 years. His experience in doing business with Jesus has brought him to understand the meaning of work and worship in the marketplace. He started 14 businesses in four countries, six of which are still operating. Patrick and his wife, May, mentor and coach businesspeople working where there are few or no Christians. Check out Patrick’s latest book, Workship, now available in paperback and e-book.