For those who enjoy quotes, here’s some counsel from 20 other successful people concerning success.
- “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller
- “The successful warrior is the average man, with laser-like focus.” – Bruce Lee, Kung Fu champion, and actor
- “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell, USA Secretary of State
- “Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don’t quit.” – Conrad Hilton, CEO founder Hilton Hotels
- “Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do.” – Unknown
- “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” – Japanese Proverb
- “The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.” – Unknown
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that other throw at him.” – David Brinkley, newscaster
- “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember–the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.” – Zig Ziglar, author and speaker
- “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.” – John D. Rockefeller Jr., President of Standard Oil
- “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.” – Oprah Winfrey, television host and author
- “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estee Lauder, Founder, Estee Lauder makeup enterprises
- “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” – Vidal Sassoon, hairstylist, businessman
- “The secret to successful hiring is this: look for the people who want to change the world.” – Marc Benioff, CEO of Salesforce
- “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.” – Vince Lombardi, head coach of the Green Bay Packers (1959-1967)
- “Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.” – Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.”- Winston S. Churchill, Prime Minister of the UK
- “It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.”- Herman Melville, author
- “Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value.” – Albert Einstein, inventor
- “Stop chasing the money and start chasing the passion.” – Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos, online shoes
What are your favorite quotes on success?
PATRICK LAI and his family have worked in SE Asia for other 37 years. His experience in doing business with Jesus has brought him to understand the meaning of work and worship in the marketplace. He started 14 businesses in four countries, six of which are still operating. Patrick and his wife, May, mentor and coach businesspeople working where there are few or no Christians. Check out Patrick’s latest book, Workship, now available in paperback and e-book.