The three (perhaps) Magi who traveled (possibly) 1,000 miles, for (likely) many weeks, on a quest to meet the “King of Jews” all because they saw the greatest star in history. So they followed the star to Israel to meet the King of the Jews. Imagine, if you can, these wise men being equipped with their own tools for the quest. Consider these…
- A compelling motivation. You don’t just take off on a trip like this on a whim.
- Extensive preparations. Camels, check. Tents, check. Food and water, check. Expensive gifts…
- Unexpected guidance. The first GPS ever…without the annoying voice.
- Evil kings. Can these be considered a useful tool? Absolutely.
- Divine nudges. A dream redirected their journey back home.
Jerome Daley shared this with me, so I pass it on to you. Consider…
Motivation: What needs to be renewed in you to keep your vision strong and your quest compelling?
Preparations: What fresh resources do you need to thrive on your journey?
Guidance: Are you paying attention to God’s guideposts?
Obstacles: What evil? What distractions is Satan presently throwing at you? What can you learn from the difficulties you’re facing?
Nudges: What changes are you being prompted to consider?
Wise men still seek Him.
PATRICK LAI and his family have worked in SE Asia for other 37 years. His experience in doing business with Jesus has brought him to understand the meaning of work and worship in the marketplace. He started 14 businesses in four countries, six of which are still operating. Patrick and his wife, May, mentor and coach businesspeople working where there are few or no Christians. Check out Patrick’s latest book, Workship, now available in paperback and e-book.